BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wisdom Tooth - Extraction a big Yes-yes !

I decided to extract my wisdom tooth last week due to the 'feeling' that my teeth do not have enough space. I got that tingling feeling that  the growth of these wisdom teeth will cause more trouble than I need when I am sitting for the most crucial / torturing exams ever in my life -CLP (well, you can say life-absorbing too).

Steps taken :

1. Do not be afraid to get information on the dentist, price, procedure, possible pain going through the surgery and horror/ pleasant stories from people

2. Make an appointment to consult the dentist or get an x-ray of your teeth. This is where it is determined if you are going to go through a lot of pain in the future or it is as simple as kacang putih. (I was unlucky to have my wisdom teeth, apparently 'they' are not so wise afterall, growing horizontally as opposed to vertically. Thus, they have to be done via minor surgery- might have a lot of pain in the future )         =(

3. Jump to no 6 if you do not need minor surgery. Lucky you!

4. Be brave on the day of the surgery and FEEL THE PAIN when the dentist jab it in your mouth! Let the anaesthetic sink into your system and you will feel NUMB! Eat the painkiller given by the dentist.

5. After the anaesthetic kicks in, you will feel AWESOME. You might get extra jabs again but you will not feel anything but NICE. ADVICE- Close your eyes when the surgery starts which is NOW!

6. Open your mouth as wide as you can and close you eyes the entire time. Stay calm! The whole procedure normally takes 1 hour from the time you enter and eat the painkillers etc.

7. You are good to go from the dentist after the surgery is done.

 

AFTERMATH - you might feel pain when you talk or swallow. It is like painful sorethroat. Well, I was stubborn and ate chicken (slowly) on the first day. Do not take any hot or warm liquid/ food. Drink a lot of water and get plenty of rest. The pain will go away in days. You might get swelling on your face, so be warned! My face was out of proportion at one time!

Now- I am fully healed. There is no pain after few days and there is NO uncomfortable teeth growing in a weird manner.

=)

I donated my upper wisdom tooth to the DENTAL STUDENTS. Yay! Providing some wisdom via my wisdom tooth?

*bright smile*



1 comments:

Diana Dickert said...

Oh, so did you get your wisdom tooth removed by dental students? Since you did mention that you gave your teeth to them. It can be an interesting experience. It's cheap, and the students are capable, not to mention they have a pro supervising them. Well, in any case, it's often the aftermath which is uncomfortable, but it's all smooth after a few days...

P.S. Good for you, by the way, on being so quick to act. Most people fret and take a long time before making a decision to visit the dentist about matters like this.